PHOTO CREDIT: Above photo by John Rickman Photography, San Jose, California.
Dancing to Egyptian Music
This class covers fundamentals of how Egyptian music is constructed and assists attendees in creating their own choreography to it.
Depending on the length of workshop the sponsor has elected to offer, topics covered may include:
- Common Egyptian rhythms, how to play them on the finger cymbals, and how to dance to them
- How to dance to call & response
- Rule of fours
- Musical phrasing
- Emotion, expression, energy
- Techniques for creating interesting choreography
- Floor patterns, use of space